While the administrators and moderators of this forum will attempt to remove or edit any generally objectionable material as quickly as possible, it is impossible to review every message. Therefore you acknowledge that all posts made to these forums express the views and opinions of the author and not the administrators, moderators or webmaster (except for posts by these people) and hence will not be held liable.
You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate any applicable laws. You also agree that this account is for your personal use, and will not be shared with others. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned (and your service provider being informed). The IP address of all posts is recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions. You agree that the webmaster, administrator and moderators of this forum have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time should they see fit. As a user you agree to any information you have entered above being stored in a database. While this information will not be disclosed to any third party without your consent the webmaster, administrator and moderators cannot be held responsible for any hacking attempt that may lead to the data being compromised.
AgTimes does not permit the use of free email accounts. Any user who knowingly circumvents the current controls and uses a free email account to register may be subject to having their accounts suspended or deactivated at any time.
By clicking Register below you agree to be bound by these conditions.
Seven Rules of Engagement
Before any rules or guidelines are clarified, we first wish to extend our sincere thanks for the terrific job you have done in exceeding the friendship and communication vision we originally set forth for AT. These seven reminders simply reaffirm the wholehearted Aggie support you have extended here to Texas A&M's players, coaches and our administration. Here are those guidelines and examples which restate the covenant and recharge our enthusiasm for the 2002 season,....
The "Seven Rules of Engagement" for your AgTimes boards:
1) An important structural decision, the "Aggie Football Board" is for discussion of Aggie football - period. All other discussion will be remanded to the "NCAA Sports & Recruiting". If Horns, Sooners, Huskers or others wish to discuss the aptitudes of their team or players, our moderators will "direct" them to the NCAA Sports & Recruiting Forum. If they disrupt an Aggie discussion with unrelated opinions, they will be deleted. In short, we will CONTINUE to provide an undisrupted forum for Aggies to exclusively discuss Aggie football with other Aggies or those with a genuine interest in A&M football. In effect, the Hatfields and the McCoys will not be invited to the same Saturday night square dance in this Forum, and we will stridently protect the positive Aggie football discussions developed on our Aggie Football board.
2) Personal attacks will not be tolerated and profanities obviously offensive to our community mainstream will be edited. We will promote friendship and participants who demonstrate courteous membership of a positive and thoughtful Aggie community.
3) Any post which has, as its motive, the denigration or discredit of Texas A&M, its players, coaches or athletic programs will be disallowed, and any poster who develops an unfortunate habit of authoring such posts will most likely be excused. In short, we can disagree with coaches and administrators in a supportive way, but we will not post messages ridiculing or harmful to Texas A&M.
4) No serious accusations or personal attacks against the behavior of any other school, its coaches or players should be levied on our boards. An example might be rumors regarding NCAA compliance. Since we decry such attacks against Texas A&M on other teams boards, AT will not engage in unfounded innuendo or publicly attack the alleged impropriety of others. We have been told by solid sources that at least one Aggie recruit has been lost by similar internet rumor. If it harms the program, do not publicly post it. Use the Private Messaging (PM) feature, so that unconfirmed and potentially sensitive information can be discussed, yet the PM feature will protect our program.
5) We will not provide a forum for complaints against other Aggie boards. We are all doing the best we can, and if you have a problem, please be part of the solution by taking your issue directly to that board's ownership to give them a fair chance to resolve it. If you have a problem with AgTimes, please do not to hesitate to contact me, Cal or Jamey personally.
6) Cracking on players is especially low-down and very little latitude will be extended here. A 20-year old who is banging his head everyday for the love of the game and Texas A&M (and essentially no other compensation) is "off limts" from our judgments or aspersions. Mark this one down as my personal "pet peave".
7) Last and very important, the Recruiting Board moderation will be VERY sensitive, especially when the recruiting campaign hits stride and rumors and opinions are flying everywhere. We will coordinate with other responsible sources close to the program to ensure that you get valid, timely and responsible information. However, we will restrict or even eliminate opinions which have any potential to harm Texas A&M's recruiting efforts. We all know that many potential recruits and parents are now "on the net", so any derogatory comment cannot be tolerated.
In closing, I wish to say, "Thanks again!", and to welcome and encourage your membership and active participation in the www.AgTimes.com "Team", and more important, to urge you to become a strong supporter and vocal part of Aggie Football 2002! Let's meet at Kyle and on the road, and do everything we can to support the program!