The time now is 20 Jul 2018 6:43 pm
It's the Sun Stupid!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    AgTimes Boards Forum Index -> News & Politics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KeithDB
AgTimes Legend

PostPosted: 06 Jul 2018 5:45 pm 
Post subject: It's the Sun Stupid!
Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

China's CO2 emissions did increase in 2017, but they actually decreased 2014-2016. Under the Paris Accord China is required to peak by 2030 and then decline. China appears on target to meet that goal, and a more stringent internal policy goal for 2020.
https://climateactiontracker.org/countries/china/

That China might need to do more does not mean the Paris Accord is worthless. China's supposed failures do not excuse our own.

The irony of this is that there is one nation now publicly committed to increase coal use, and that country is the United States under this administration.
CardinalandMaroon
AgTimes Legend

PostPosted: 06 Jul 2018 5:51 pm 
Post subject: Re: It's the Sun Stupid!

KeithDB wrote:
China's CO2 emissions did increase in 2017, but they actually decreased 2014-2016. Under the Paris Accord China is required to peak by 2030 and then decline. China appears on target to meet that goal, and a more stringent internal policy goal for 2020.
https://climateactiontracker.org/countries/china/

That China might need to do more does not mean the Paris Accord is worthless. China's supposed failures do not excuse our own.

The irony of this is that there is one nation now publicly committed to increase coal use, and that country is the United States under this administration.

Quote:
The CAT rates China’s NDC “Highly insufficient,” as it is not ambitious enough to limit warming to below 2°C, let alone limiting it to 1.5°C as required under the Paris Agreement, unless other countries make much deeper reductions and comparably greater effort.

Read your own links, idiot.
CardinalandMaroon
AgTimes Legend

PostPosted: 09 Jul 2018 1:16 pm 

Link to Article

Quote:
It’s the Chinese manufacturers of plastic foam, according to an investigation by an NGO called the Environmental Investigation Agency (EIA.) The group said Monday it has evidence that 18 Chinese makers of polyurethane foam insulation, which is generally used in construction, regularly use CFC-11 in the manufacturing process.

And some on the left consider China to be an environmental champion in opposition to Trump. Rolling Eyes
KeithDB
AgTimes Legend

PostPosted: 09 Jul 2018 2:05 pm 

Quote:
The CAT rates China’s NDC “Highly insufficient,” . . . Read your own links, idiot.

Say idiot, did you see what CAT rated the United States? I did. I also read the article. What you refer to, idiot, was one reason why I talked about China needing to do more, and "China's failures" in my posts. Apparently, you were too busy being an idiot, by calling me an idiot, to read that part. Which is just idiocy.

Can we return to the issue and stop with the name calling now?
BlitzGd
AgTimes Legend

PostPosted: 09 Jul 2018 8:28 pm 

The U.S. with almost half the "emissions" (undefined) is worse than China. Oh and China has an upwards trend whilst the U.S. has a downwards trend.

Absolute garbage of a site.
KeithDB
AgTimes Legend

PostPosted: 09 Jul 2018 9:47 pm 

China does have not quite double the CO2 emissions of the United States. The United States has more than double the CO2 emission of China per capita.

What's the better measure of how a country is doing?
CardinalandMaroon
AgTimes Legend

PostPosted: 11 Jul 2018 9:31 am 

KeithDB wrote:
China does have not quite double the CO2 emissions of the United States. The United States has more than double the CO2 emission of China per capita.

If you care about AGW, it is total emissions.
CardinalandMaroon
AgTimes Legend

PostPosted: 11 Jul 2018 9:35 am 

KeithDB wrote:
Quote:
The CAT rates China’s NDC “Highly insufficient,” . . . Read your own links, idiot.

Say idiot, did you see what CAT rated the United States? I did. I also read the article. What you refer to, idiot, was one reason why I talked about China needing to do more, and "China's failures" in my posts. Apparently, you were too busy being an idiot, by calling me an idiot, to read that part. Which is just idiocy.

Can we return to the issue and stop with the name calling now?

How ironic. I called you an idiot b/c you cited something that said the exact samething I was saying and that you were trying to criticise.
KeithDB
AgTimes Legend

PostPosted: 11 Jul 2018 10:16 am 

How ironic, I called you an idiot for failing to realize when calling me an idiot, that I too said China needed to do more.
BlitzGd
AgTimes Legend

PostPosted: 11 Jul 2018 9:23 pm 

KeithDB wrote:

Based upon YOUR LINK, U.S. was 6,460 "emissions" and China was just under 11,720 "emissions". So the FACT is they have almost double "emissions".

U.S. "emissions" are on a downward trend, China "emissions" are on an upward trend.

You sure you understand statistics?
KeithDB
AgTimes Legend

PostPosted: 11 Jul 2018 9:35 pm 

Yes, and I accurately stated the statistics. Then you presented proof that what I said was correct, and asked if I understood statistics. Bizarre.
BlitzGd
AgTimes Legend

PostPosted: 11 Jul 2018 11:38 pm 

I do not think you have any clue what the word "accurate" means. Since you haven't stated any statistics in this thread to date.

I presented proof of what I said was correct. In response to your BLATANTLY FALSE, one might even say LIE of:
Quote:
China does have not quite double the CO2 emissions of the United States.

This is not even third grade math, much less statistics...
KeithDB
AgTimes Legend

PostPosted: 12 Jul 2018 8:23 am 

Quote:
Based upon YOUR LINK, U.S. was 6,460 "emissions" and China was just under 11,720 "emissions".

Please note that 11,720 is not quite double 6,460. I don't know why you are doing this.
BlitzGd
AgTimes Legend

PostPosted: 12 Jul 2018 9:33 am 

KeithDB wrote:
Quote:
Based upon YOUR LINK, U.S. was 6,460 "emissions" and China was just under 11,720 "emissions".

Please note that 11,720 is not quite double 6,460. I don't know why you are doing this.

That is pretty much the definition of the word ALMOST, not quite, or to put into context, just under.

Why am I doing what? Constantly pointing out your manipulations of facts to match your skewed view? Having continually point out definitions and math that most elementary children have no problem understanding to you? Maybe because words mean things, and the fact that you dislike somebody doesn't mean the fabric of realities mystically warp to make you correct, and the rest of us live in that reality, not the dystopia you live in.

Here's a "Keithoid":
Keith states that per capita emissions are important, and that U.S. citizens are horrible at it, so even though being a new grandfather, wants to increase the number of abortions in the U.S. in order to decrease emissions.

That is your type of "factual" analysis based upon whatever you believe statistics are.

Since the "emissions" number is not measuring people, but rather industrial "emissions", a better gauge of the industrial capacity of a country is GDP, and when we compare those numbers the US has a 0.33 "emissions"/gdp US$$billions whilst China has a .97 "emissions"/gpd US$$billions ratio.
KeithDB
AgTimes Legend

PostPosted: 12 Jul 2018 3:10 pm 

I said China's emissions in total were almost double those of the United States. How is that manipulating a damn thing? It's absolutely true. I'm still not sure what you are doing with this.

Quote:
Keith states that per capita emissions are important, and that U.S. citizens are horrible at it, so even though being a new grandfather, wants to increase the number of abortions in the U.S. in order to decrease emissions.

This has nothing to do with abortions. I didn't say anything about abortions, and you are just completely off the rails. But I have an idea. Why don't you start a threat on abortion, and I'll talk about my views on it there.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AgTimes Boards Forum Index -> News & Politics All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: