View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aggie_Fanatic
AgTimes Legend

PostPosted: 15 Apr 2017 1:21 am 
Post subject: Re: We have another knucklehead - "it was jock itch&
Add User to Ignore List Reply with quote

12thManMVP wrote:
Cotton79 wrote:

Are we to treat him as a monstrous criminal because of that?

Cotton, many of the blowhards on this board have done just that.

Read sleazy BZ's story again. I'd like to see how the alleged victim "turned away" yet managed to "see" what movements he was doing w/his hands? What, did she turn her left eye away but keep the right eye watching? Great party trick there. And, if she was in Bright, why did she leave Bright instead of telling someone right then & there? Hmmmm....

Yes, Merritt was a dumbass for scratching in public, or in private as this incident indicates. But to somehow ascribe his screwup to Sumlin as 1 idiot poster here did is asinine. There is PERSONAL responsibility that has to begin at some point for these kids, and any other human being for that matter.

Ronnie '88

You may have a valid point. The problem is he did it twice to two different tutors. On top of that, if the stories are true as described, then it is hard to justify him having his privates in his hand with his shorts down in the second story.

Here is what the second victim says happened,
Quote:
According to a second probable cause statement concerning the second victim, "The victim noticed the defendant's shorts were pulled down and his penis was in his left hand in plain sight." The second victim then saw movement in Merritt's groin area as she looked away, according to the statement, and she did not look directly at him again as she grabbed her belongings and ended the tutorial session.

So I reiterate that we may not have all, or even accurate, information. That being said, we need to let this play out legally. Don't cover it up, let it play out. if he is found innocent then move on.

Cotton79 wrote:
Perhaps my most controversial point: the female student who was Merritt’s tutor and who was so stricken by the episode that she was bawling on the phone to her mother about it immediately following the incident. So stricken that she is now going to boycott all future Aggie athletics. I mean, seriously? Shocked

This part also bothers me. If he did exactly what she says,
Quote:
According to A&M police probable cause statements obtained by the Chronicle through an open records request, the first victim claimed Merritt put his hands in his shorts and followed with a "rhythmic up and down motion" until his penis was "exposed over the top of his elastic banded athletic shorts."

Merritt then rubbed himself, according to the probable cause statement, while the victim grew nervous and rambled. She immediately ended the tutorial session because of, as she told police, the "need to get out of here."

Not long after, the victim called her mother in tears, and the mother said the victim's superiors were slow to respond to the victim's initial claims. That slowness in returning text messages and calls likely led to the exploitation of another victim by Merritt less than a day later, the mother claimed.

The victim's superior in the tutoring program agreed to meet with the victim about 24 hours after the first incident, the mother said, what turned out to be only about an hour after Merritt exposed himself to a second victim.

"My daughter was mortified, saying, 'Mom, they're not going to believe me, they're not going to believe me,'" the mother recalled this week of her daughter going to her bosses with the account of Merritt's exposure. "I told her, you have to do what is right."

and if that is all that happened, why was she so distraught that she was sobbing and having trouble articulating what happened? Again, my wife had a similar incident happen to her in college. She was not distraught nor was she rambling. She told the guy off and reported him. Now if Merrit had assaulted her I get the reaction. However cotton, it may very well be that she does not have good coping skills. Maybe she was what one may term a "goody two shoes" and this to her was apocalyptic. I don't know, but that could be why her reaction was so over the top. For instance, there is this girl in my son's band who over reacts to every little thing. Her father and mother enable this reaction and it wears on the rest of us. basically she reacts the same way no matter how bad the incidents are, if there ever really was one. She has, "panic attacks," daily. And she uses her father to manipulate things. The point is that her reaction may not be something to go on. this does not mean meritt did not do it. just that her reaction may be a bit much for the incident. And below is a quote from her.
Quote:
"I'm sickened," the first victim said of the timeline since she first reported the exposure. "I've taken to boycotting Texas A&M athletic events because of this. It's just wrong. I grew up an Aggie and am a third-generation Aggie. This was not something I expected."

The victim added, her voice cracking with emotion, "A&M football has been a part of my life, and a part of my experience as an Aggie. It's almost disillusionment at this point, that A&M is not any better than Baylor or any other school that does this kind of stuff."

Seriously? Baylor tried to cover everything up over and over when girls were being raped. A&M has investigated and is cooperating with investigators. She obviously is over the top in her statement as this still has to go to court. Merritt is not playing and she has not been forced to attend classes with him or tutor him any further. she is not being punished by the university as far as I know. I am not saying that merritt did not touch himself in her presence and needs to be dealt with appropriately. But comparing this to Baylor is so over the top that I am leaning towards believing she is one who is a typically dramatic type of person.

12thManMVP is right in that we cannot condemn merritt when we do not have all the data. He was cleared by the university. I am not sure what else he has legally to deal with, but we need to see what happens. He is not accused of assault, rather it is exposure. Not good at all, but certainly not assault. The most damming part to me is that 2 people accused him of it. If this goes to a jury then I am sure it will all come out. The flimsy jock itch excuse will be taken to task. And as you stated, her ability to look away yet see what he was doing down there will be take to task as well. So all we can do is let it play out.

My personal opinion is that guy is an idiot. I don't know for sure what really happened. But even if he it telling the truth, he is still a complete dumbass. If I were getting tutoring from a female student there is no way my hand makes its way down my pants. I would excuse myself to the restroom before I scratched down there in front of her. On top of that, if I were so stupid to scratch in front of her I would dang well make sure my privates did not make an appearance. And I definitely would not do it a second time, where I then apparently was so distraught, that I was holding my privates in my hand with my shorts down. So if he is seriously telling the truth, then he is truly dumber than a bag of rocks.

Last edited by Aggie_Fanatic on 15 Apr 2017 2:23 am; edited 3 times in total
Aggie_Fanatic
AgTimes Legend

PostPosted: 15 Apr 2017 1:31 am 
Post subject: Re: We have another knucklehead - "it was jock itch&quo

AgBeliever wrote:
Went back and reread the article.

It says he was reinstated and allowed to participate in Spring practices.

Bad bull on Sumlin.

My question is do we know everything? If this is still going to court then more will come out. Apparently the university did clear him so maybe there is something we do not know?

I am not defending merritt. I am simply saying that if the university cleared him in a separate objective investigation it is hard for sumlin to take an action against the kid. I am assuming title IX office was involved. If so, what is sumlin supposed to do? What if in some crazy mind numbing way merritt is actually telling the truth? That is why we have to let it play out legally.

And just because he is allowed to practice does not mean he is allowed to play. it may be that sumlin sits him until this is cleared up.
Aggie_Fanatic
AgTimes Legend

PostPosted: 15 Apr 2017 1:58 am 
Post subject: We have another knucklehead - "it was jock itch"

I wanted to just be very clear here before I get lambasted for possibly defending this behavior. If merritt was pleasuring himself in front of these two tutors then he needs to be expelled directly. I have no problem with that. If he was simply purposely exposing himself to the girls then expel him. My discussions above are about what we know or do not know. It is all speculation on our parts until all is known. For whatever reason the university has cleared him. Good or bad, that is all sumlin can go on right now. As far as I understand the situation Merritt is waiting for a court date. What kind of charges are being brought exactly at this point? I am not quite sure. But if all sumlin has it a clearing of him by the university with no specific charges as of yet, then what should he do?
drey00
Hall of Fame

PostPosted: 16 Apr 2017 6:20 pm 

12thManMVP wrote:
drey00 wrote:
I would have had more leniency if he had been a man about it, asked for forgiveness, and checked himself into some counseling program.

But the fact that he doubled down with this ridiculous defense just pisses me off. He should have been tossed out of school. This isn't a case where there is a fog of alcohol and drugs...this is a clear cut case.

Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall

Is there a counseling program for jock itch?

Have you checked his balls up close to determine it's a clear cut case?

The thrones some of you sit on must be really nice. Rolling Eyes

Ronnie '88

What the heck? I'm sorry if I don't take kindly to those that pull their wangs out in front of girls. People like that end up on sex registries for good reason. I don't care who he is...or what sport he plays. If he is a PhD student of philosophy or an musical savant. If he has pulled this more than once, he has major issues and has now learned that he can get away with it. That behavior is so far out of bounds, it oughta be enough for an immediate expulsion. There was time A&M wouldn't have hesitated in doing so.

And the cherry on top is to call it jock itch. It's asinine and should be expected from a clown like this.
AgBeliever
Hall of Fame

PostPosted: 16 Apr 2017 8:05 pm 

Aggie_Fanatic wrote:
I wanted to just be very clear here before I get lambasted for possibly defending this behavior. If merritt was pleasuring himself in front of these two tutors then he needs to be expelled directly. I have no problem with that. If he was simply purposely exposing himself to the girls then expel him. My discussions above are about what we know or do not know. It is all speculation on our parts until all is known. For whatever reason the university has cleared him. Good or bad, that is all sumlin can go on right now. As far as I understand the situation Merritt is waiting for a court date. What kind of charges are being brought exactly at this point? I am not quite sure. But if all sumlin has it a clearing of him by the university with no specific charges as of yet, then what should he do?

He should do the right thing, which is saying that the kid won't play on his team.

What the university decided was that since he did not touch either girl, it wasn't a sexual assault and therefore he should be reinstated.

However, I seem to recall a player by the name of Tate Pittman that did the same thing and was kicked off the team.
Cotton79 MR Member
AgTimes Legend

PostPosted: 16 Apr 2017 8:32 pm 

^
|
|
AgBeliever,

I already covered that point. In addition to exposing himself, Tate Pittman encountered a DUI just a week or so prior. The combination of the two is what got him kicked off the team. I'm not sure that we can say that it was the exposure incident alone. Maybe yes, maybe no... but the fact is he screwed-up basically twice in a row in major ways, which resulted in his one-way ticket off the football team.
middleto
All Conference

PostPosted: 16 Apr 2017 9:23 pm 

He must go. Don't need him....
FDT67AG MR Member
AgTimes Legend

PostPosted: 16 Apr 2017 9:36 pm 

I DON'T KNOW IF I SHOULD COMMENT ON THIS STORY OR NOT...

In all honesty...IF the story is TRUE as it has been reported he should be subjected to serious discipline and PERHAPS removal from the team...

HOWEVER...

I am really having trouble knowing who to trust in virtually every reported story these days...not just this sad one about a potentially talented football player...

Gone are the days of Walter, Dave and Chet, Paul Harvey and the other professional journalists who America could trust to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing BUT the truth...They told us what happened, but didn't SPECULATE on anything outside of the facts and did not try to tell us what it MEANT and what we should think about it...

I'm sure you know that we don't have that level of confidence in what is generally reported these days...we don't know if it is accurate or if certain details have be intentionally changed to satisfy the reporters bias or unintentionally left out because of the reporter's ignorance of the facts or simple failure to recognize important elements in the stories they are writing about... Think

If the picture that they have sketched for us in this case is absolutely true and accurate and COMPLETE...then I cannot believe that the UNIVERSITY INVESTIGATION AND HEARINGS could possibly have found whatever you call it that they found...i.e. no cause for further action. To me, that at least gives me pause to consider that there must be more to the story that has not been shared with US to date. Otherwise, their decision does not make sense.

Perhaps the player said something about Jock Itch, but so far I have only seen those words allegedly coming out of the attorney's mouth. If it was me, I might consider changing attorneys based solely on that proposed defense--unless of course there is case law somewhere supporting that as a viable defense. Whistle

There is still a legal situation to be settled and I would suspect that if there was "more to the story" (i.e. whatever led the University to fail to take any more action) that it might come out there...and this time NOT be subject to the "privacy laws" that apply to educational institutions from elementary school through college and keep them from publicizing the details of alleged offenses and student conduct during those issues. If that is the case and we get full disclosure of the facts and justification for the results of the court action, we should all be able to decide what action we feel is warranted.

If the court finds him not guilty or requires some sort of probation or community service for "bad judgement" rather than a violation of law then the AD or Sumlin or both will have a difficult decision to make. I am not sure, but if both the University and the court fail to find him "guilty" of a chargeable offense and he chose to fight a potential dismissal from the team the case might get even more bizarre.

Bottom Line: Without firsthand knowledge of what happened AND without complete trust in the reports we have seen to date...I find it difficult to pass judgement today. If it is essentially accurate as it has be reported to date then I think action will be JUSTIFIABLY swift and severe. And, if the details are as we know them today, I can only suspect that Sumlin and/or the AD has been advised by the University lawyers to make no public statements on an issue pending court action.

TALK ABOUT A NO WIN SITUATION... Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall
Cotton79 MR Member
AgTimes Legend

PostPosted: 16 Apr 2017 9:50 pm 

drey00 wrote:
12thManMVP wrote:
drey00 wrote:
I would have had more leniency if he had been a man about it, asked for forgiveness, and checked himself into some counseling program.

But the fact that he doubled down with this ridiculous defense just pisses me off. He should have been tossed out of school. This isn't a case where there is a fog of alcohol and drugs...this is a clear cut case.

Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall

Is there a counseling program for jock itch?

Have you checked his balls up close to determine it's a clear cut case?

The thrones some of you sit on must be really nice. Rolling Eyes

Ronnie '88

What the heck? I'm sorry if I don't take kindly to those that pull their wangs out in front of girls. People like that end up on sex registries for good reason. I don't care who he is...or what sport he plays. If he is a PhD student of philosophy or an musical savant. If he has pulled this more than once, he has major issues and has now learned that he can get away with it. That behavior is so far out of bounds, it oughta be enough for an immediate expulsion. There was time A&M wouldn't have hesitated in doing so.

And the cherry on top is to call it jock itch. It's asinine and should be expected from a clown like this.

That's a reach of an assumption, drey00, i.e.:

• A male pulls-out the anatomical member exclusively distinctive to his gender in public fashion

• He displays it/parades it/shows it off to an unsuspecting member of the opposite gender ... WITHOUT her expressed permission

• Opposite gender recipient of "the surprise" gets offended and contacts authorities

• Original male perpetrator is then labeled a social misfit, an outcast, and immediately presumed a sexual predator

• All of which results in him being permanently placed on a sex offender list

• ... when in fact he never once touched the girl, much less forced his will on her

Look, I'm not trying to defend Kirk Merritt's actions. Truth is, you can't. It was "S-T-U-P-I-D" on a grand scale. But this is an overreach... by a bunch. It is a rush to judgment; it's like going duck hunting with a Howitzer.

Does Kirk Merritt have a history of this behavior? The best I can tell is 'No, none." In fact, every other indication within the program suggests that he has been a model citizen since he arrived on campus. For some reason, though, he had a momentary lapse of decency and judgment. By any stretch of the imagination, it was juvenile, stupid, and just plain wrong. But does that automatically make him a social criminal, "a sexual predator?" Seriously?

Whether Kirk Merritt ever plays a down at Texas A&M is secondary in my thought here. My concern is on a much broader scale: there is an absolutism afoot in our society, a brittleness of soul and grace, and an overly powerful push to rush judgment in the court of public opinion... all when there is a woefully incomplete set of facts at hand.

Consider what happened to the Duke lacrosse players in 2005 when they were accused of sexually assaulting a stripper they hired. Accordingly, the accused players were kicked-off the team and suffered the full and powerful indignities of being criminally charged in our legal system. I mean, it got so bad that even the Duke lacrosse coach was fired over it all.

Then, the stripper recanted.

SERIOUSLY?!! Shocked d'oh! Now to be fair, the facts of that case bore out that the players were crass and arrogant, but were they out-and-out criminals because of that behavior? The overwhelming answer is NO. Yet, they were T-O-A-S-T in the eyes of public opinion. Their lives as Duke lacrosse players was done; what's worse, an innocent man - the coach - was caught in the collateral damage of it all. His life, too, was "done" at Duke.

To be fair, the Duke analogy is not the norm. Indeed, it is the exception, and I in no way wish to diminish the veracity of legitimate sexual assault claims. But it does point to getting all the information and creating a valid process that robustly addresses the issue at hand. Sadly, such a task is confounded by the ubiquitous use of social media nowadays that doesn't care a whit about finding the truth; all that crowd wants to do is look for tidbits of broken facts to justify their already preconceived notions on the matter.

Grace. On this special day of the year, Easter, it is more important than ever. Yet, with all our advanced technology and supposed cumulative and enhanced intelligence throughout the history of mankind, we still lack the so-needed countering attribute: wisdom. In turn, wisdom allows us to consider grace, even embrace it. In that regard, though, we have sadly fallen a notch... or twenty. Rolling Eyes Sad
Goodson MR Member
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: 16 Apr 2017 11:40 pm 

Well stated, Cotton.

It's amazing the level of definitive judgments that are being levied here by those who do not truly "know" anything.

Truly know is relatively easily established here.

It's what is established by a university inquiry into the matter ... and the ultimate outcome of a legal proceeding.

Media reports may ultimately prove accurate. But that cannot be known with absolute certainty at this point.

I don't even have a problem with people saying "if 'X' happened" ... but that's not the case on some of the posts here.
FDT67AG MR Member
AgTimes Legend

PostPosted: 17 Apr 2017 12:11 am 

Cotton,

Seems like we were motivated to post similar concerns just minutes apart above--probably typing them up simultaneously...

I agree with you...there will be plenty of time to post our verdicts and proposed punishments--if guilty of the alleged actions without (extremely) extenuating circumstances after the legal proceedings are over and announcements of any AD action (which may already be prepared in draft form) has taken place.

No need to rush to judgement tonight...

But, as Goodson said, that does not preclude discussions which include the caveat something like "IF "X", then "Y"... Whistle
Cotton79 MR Member
AgTimes Legend

PostPosted: 17 Apr 2017 12:44 am 

I suppose one key thing that bugs me is that BZ published his second article (which was darn-near a whole page inside the sport section of the SA News when it ran here), and it was egregiously one-sided. It was mostly the side of one aggrieved young Aggie female student who was willing to talk to media, mostly through parents. The other offended Aggie female chose not to take that route, but rather keep it official to the governing authorities at Texas A&M.

Yet, Texas A&M as the "other side of the argument" cannot respond in-kind because it is obligated by statute and law to protect and ensure confidentiality. In fact, FERPA demands it. And that confidentiality extends not only to Kirk Merritt as the perpetrator in all this but also the names and identities of the other folks involved (as well as ALL students on campus).

So, the way I see it is that Brent Zwerneman collects whatever damaging facts he wants, then present them as de facto evidence to justify - what is clear to me now - his position that Kevin Sumlin "must go." It's what Gen Eisenhower would describe as QED: quod erat demonstrandum, translated as, "that which is to be proved," aka "the facts speak for themselves."

Oh, BZ will verbally deny such a charge, but actions speak louder than words in my book. He has - and has had for some time now - an agenda to oust our Head Coach. Everything he writes runs through that filter first. He wrote this story advocating only one side of things, knowing full well that the other side (i.e., the official one from the school) has its hands tied by FERPA.
aggieinjakartatown
AgTimes Legend

PostPosted: 17 Apr 2017 3:17 am 

reporters are on survival mode these days

they can sell the family in order to keep their gigs

d'oh!
BigJim49AustinnowDallas
All American

PostPosted: 17 Apr 2017 10:05 am 

So some of you do not believe TWO girls stories = unbelievable !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kick the guy off the team days ago ! Shame on you
AgBeliever
Hall of Fame

PostPosted: 17 Apr 2017 11:04 am 

BigJim49AustinnowDallas wrote:
So some of you do not believe TWO girls stories = unbelievable !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And the thing is, the weirdo admitted to doing this.

This is like that case back in the 90s when the Menendez bothers murdered their parents. They admitted to doing it. However, the bleeding hearts felt sorry for the brothers when they accused the parents of being abusive.

The bleeding hearts are apprarently buying the moronic jock itch excuse.

Those of us that have had jock itch know that it is no excuse to drop your pants and begin masturbating in front of girls.

I really doubt a jury will be as dumb as those that poo poo his actions on account that the girls were not physically assaulted.

He'll be convicted and placed in a sexual offender database for the rest of his life
Cotton79 MR Member
AgTimes Legend

PostPosted: 17 Apr 2017 11:05 am 

BigJim49AustinnowDallas wrote:

Never said that, BigJim. Not at all. Shame on you Quite the contrary: I have every reason to believe that their claims are legitimate, and I sympathize with what they have gone through.

It's the overall response that I take issue with. Quite frankly, too much of what I read here is an out-n-out witchhunt against Kirk Merritt, which is simply over-the-top in some of the punishments I read. Outlandish, really.

The details of the story - as spearheaded by our supposed beat reporter, Brent Zwerneman - have rather successfully cast Kirk Merritt as a social pariah. If I were him, I would be embarrassed to show my face even at a McDonald's drive-thru, much less a sit-down restaurant, or in a classroom, or a lunch hall, or a team meeting, or... just about anywhere outside the confinement of his apartment. It was a stupid stunt, and he's learning awfully quick just how stupid and juvenile it was.

Yet, here's the conundrum: the university - not Coach Sumlin or anyone else in the athletic department for that matter - has conducted what it deems a thorough review of the matter and has laid down its rules for penance for Merritt. Evidently, it was extensive as it lasted from October to January. In kind, Kirk has met those conditions and was released of them on February 1 by the university. Throughout it all, Coach Sumlin had to defer to the higher order of things at the university, but once they were done he still had some lasting conditions of his own by excluding Merritt from the spring game.

I guess what I'm advocating is a "punishment that fits the crime." Merritt did NOT go all "Lawrence Phillips" on those female Aggie tutors. Nor did he pull a Baylor on them either. No, what he did was a juvenile "Hey!... look at me!" prank, and now we have folks who want to put him on a sexual predator/offender list because of it. Gimme a break! d'oh!

In full disclosure, Kirk Merritt was my "most wanting to see play this fall" guy, so I am totally bummed and dismayed at all this news. Quite honestly, as it stands I would be chagrined to see him trot onto the field this fall, even if it was to just carry the water bucket. Somehow, I think the best outcome for all concerned is for him to quietly exit the university and find another school. There is simply no way to recover from this.

But the "OFF WITH HIS HEAD!" mentality that seems to be permeating Aggieland?... I gotta be honest: I am almost more ashamed of that than his stupid prank. Sad

My final word in all this: forgiveness.... for both Kirk to earnestly seek it, and for others - including the two gals - to give it. Stop all this brittleness of human spirit. 'Twould seem rather appropriate this Easter season. Pray
12thManMVP
All American

PostPosted: 17 Apr 2017 11:28 am 

[quote="AgBeliever
Those of us that have had jock itch know that it is no excuse to drop your pants and begin masturbating in front of girls.
[/quote]

I can't decide if you're stupid or ignorant. Rolling Eyes

Please provide evidence where it was stated he began masturbating in front of the girls. That hasn't been reported anywhere.

Ronnie '88
Goodson MR Member
Forum Moderator

PostPosted: 17 Apr 2017 12:58 pm 

^

Exactly, Ronnie. It's amazing what some people assume they "know" here ... regarding that which is not yet verifiably known.

Amazing, I tell you.

Sad

And BigJim, I don't intend to disbelieve the young ladies ... nor am I willing to fully embrace any contentions as undisputed and verifiably true until this situation gets its day in court.

Then, based on the result of the proven findings -- appropriate actions can and should be forthcoming.
Bobaloo
AgTimes Legend

PostPosted: 18 Apr 2017 5:28 am 

drey00 wrote:
IF he exposed himself to two different tutors, he should be tossed out of A&M. Football player or not. It sounds like he's got a serious issue and I wouldn't want him anywhere near my kids.

Ditto...End of story.
Agdad78 MR Member
AgTimes Legend

PostPosted: 19 Apr 2017 7:43 am 

It wouldn't surprise me to see him just turn up at Lamar, SFA, Sam, Texas State...

The kid messed up. I don't know what he did, but to get this much press, he did something no Bueno.

Whether he realizes or not, he has compromised his future. Perhaps we are helping him minimize this.

I don't know that he scarred anyone for life...other than perhaps himself.

Apologizing makes me certain he did something he shouldn't have done. (Regardless of any findings) He broke a sacred trust with the university and the football program. He needs to move on. But we have plenty of time for that before August.
Cotton79 MR Member
AgTimes Legend

PostPosted: 19 Apr 2017 8:34 am 

Agdad78 wrote:
It wouldn't surprise me to see him just turn up at Lamar, SFA, Sam, Texas State...

The kid messed up. I don't know what he did, but to get this much press, he did something no Bueno.

Whether he realizes or not, he has compromised his future. Perhaps we are helping him minimize this.

Apologizing makes me certain he did something he shouldn't have done. (Regardless of any findings) He broke a sacred trust with the university and the football program. He needs to move on. But we have plenty of time for that before August.

I can live with this. Well said, AgDad.
Aggie_Fanatic
AgTimes Legend

PostPosted: 19 Apr 2017 9:40 pm 

Agdad78 wrote:

I am with you Agdad. This is just going to have to play out in court now. Go through the proper channels and deal with the consequences. Something happened and it was, as you said, no bueno.
AgBeliever
Hall of Fame

PostPosted: 20 Apr 2017 6:25 pm 

Aggie_Fanatic wrote:
Agdad78 wrote:

I am with you Agdad. This is just going to have to play out in court now. Go through the proper channels and deal with the consequences. Something happened and it was, as you said, no bueno.

Actually, it's already played out. He and his attorney have already admitted to him committing indecent exposure. They're just arguing that the cause was jock itch.

That defense apparently worked with avoiding Title IX charges, at least for now. However, does anyone really think that defense will result in an acquittal? I guess a hung jury is possible (no pun intended) but any holdout (which most likely would be a dude) will get a tongue-lashing by the women jurors.
Aggie_Fanatic
AgTimes Legend

PostPosted: 20 Apr 2017 11:49 pm 

AgBeliever wrote:
Aggie_Fanatic wrote:
Agdad78 wrote:

Actually, it's already played out. He and his attorney have already admitted to him committing indecent exposure. They're just arguing that the cause was jock itch.

That defense apparently worked with avoiding Title IX charges, at least for now. However, does anyone really think that defense will result in an acquittal? I guess a hung jury is possible (no pun intended) but any holdout (which most likely would be a dude) will get a tongue-lashing by the women jurors.

No matter what emotions we have on this it has not played out yet. There is still a court date and that is when it will play out. We can argue about what people think all we want, but the fact is it still has to play out in court.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    AgTimes Boards Forum Index -> Aggie Football All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: